Further Information About the Future of Cyberconsciousness
CyBeRev means cybernetic beingness revival. The purpose of CyBeRev is to prevent death by preserving sufficient information about a person so that recovery remains possible by foreseeable technology. Creating a mindfile on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ are analogous to creating a CyBeRev mindfile and, if desired, may be integrated into your CyBeRev mindfile. Here are the top four social media sites with instruction on downloading your information:
To download your Facebook data, log into your Facebook account and click the down arrow at the top right of any Facebook page and choose Account Settings. Click Download a copy of your Facebook data at the bottom of the page.
Follow instructions and await the notification and email from facebook that your file is ready for download. Note: You need to use your laptop or desktop computer to complete this part.
Request your archive: from your Twitter settings page, click the Request Archive button. Check your email. When the archive is ready, Twitter will email you a link to the download page. From the download page, click the Download button to download your tweets.zip file
To request a download of your data:
Click the Me icon at top of your LinkedIn homepage.
Select Settings & Privacy from the dropdown.
Under the Basics section of the Account tab, click Change next to Getting an archive of your data.
Note: You may be prompted to sign in.
This will take you to the Request your data Archive page.
Within minutes, you'll receive an email with a link where you can download certain categories of personal information they have for you, including your messages, connections, and contacts. This is information that's fastest to compile.
Within 24 hours, they will send you a second email with a link where you can download your full archive, including your activity and account history.
Sign into your Google account.
Go to Personal Info & Privacy
Scroll to bottom of page to Control your Content.
Just underneath there is a box with a link to Create Archive.
Select the data you want and hit the Next button.
Select the file type, Archive Size and Delivery method
Click blue button to Create Archive.
You will receive an email when the archive is complete. Follow link in email to download the file.
If your social media site was not listed, please contact us for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
If CyBeRev people are recoverable in the future, then they were never really dead in the first place. Real death occurs when information about a person becomes so disorganized that no technology could restore the original state. This is called the information-theoretic criterion for death. Various definitions of death, such as cessation of heartbeat, have been abandoned as technology (such as defibrillators) demonstrated recovery was possible. The Terasem Movement www.terasemcentral.org believes that future technology will be able to recover full functionality for CyBeRev people as follows:
1. Before legal death is declared, a CyBeRev person stores digital bemes of their mannerisms, personality, recollections, feelings, beliefs, attitudes and values with as great a fidelity as is possible;
2. Future developments in software technology (such as mindware and thoughtware) will enable the stored CyBeRev information to be organized into a coherent consciousness and sense of self indistinguishable from the original CyBeRev person;
3. Future developments in virtual reality technology will enable the recovered conscious CyBeRev person to enjoy a robust life within cyberspace;
4. Future developments in mind-uploading technology will enable the recovered conscious CyBeRev person to transfer their mind into a synthetic body (including brain), such as one made out of nanotechnological materials, providing mobility and sensation that will continually improve until it is equivalent to, and eventually superior to, human mobility and sensation;
5. Future developments in regenerative medicine will enable the recovered cyberconscious CyBeRev person to mind transfer into a flesh body (including brain) grown from totipotent stem cells (which may but need not be based upon their original DNA) in which genetic engineering techniques have suppressed the development of a separate mind; and
6. Future developments in human emulating robotics will enable mankind to design, develop, produce and distribute revolutionary, interactive bio-inspired conversational robots.
CyBeRev is a form of cyberbiotechnological time-travel, in which an ailing person is transported into a future time when cyberbiotechnology is advanced enough to manage their medical issue. A good analogy is the medical space-travel that occurs today when a person is severely injured in a remote jungle. If left in the jungle, they would die. But by transporting them to a modern hospital their vitality can often be restored. For CyBeRev people, the "modern hospital" is in the future rather than in another country.
CyBeRev may also be of value to cryonauts (alcor.org or cryonics.org) because it is not clear how much memory will be preserved after cryogenic revival. A person's CyBeRev self can help fill in any blanks. Cryonicists may also see value in CyBeRev as a back-up strategy in case their bodies perish prior to biostasis being performed.
Terasem believes CyBeRev is crucially important because inter-generational life-spans directly implement our core belief in diversity, unity and joyful immortality. Consequently, Terasem is committed to using its resources to educate the public regarding CyBeRev and to accomplishing demonstration projects amongst its members.